1. Put up his little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. So far we have about 7 ornaments between the two of us.
2. We bought a new ornament together. Hopefully this will become a tradition we do every year.
3. We sent out Christmas cards with a holiday letter and photo card. These two photos were featured:
4. I put out my few decorations that I have (an advent calendar that we filled with candy for every day, a snowman cookie jar, a santa plate) and we bought a few more things to hang on the walls, some snowflake window clings, and hung christmas lights on our balcony. I never decorated my apartment when I lived alone because I knew I'd be home for the holdiays and my mom always decorates. But now that we have our own place, it's nice to make it feel cozy and festive.
5. Last weekend we went to one of the Catholic cathedrals downtown (yes, I live in a city with MULTIPLE cathedrals. Crazy.) and listened to the choir sing carols and songs in Latin. I think I enjoyed the singing more, Jordan enjoyed the Latin and reading the translations in the program.
6. I bought a pine-scented candle and some peppermint room spray. Hey, it's seasonal.
In other news, the cats have fleas. We noticed mine scratching and grooming more than usual. Then I found one on Meg's face. Poor kitties. The last few months have been rough for them. We put Frontline on them, vacuumed everything, washed everything, and will be repeating this weekly for at least a couple months. Ugh. Cats are too much work. And they're still not happy all being together but I'm still hoping eventually they'll mellow into a passive dislike.
At this time next week I'll be in Redwood Falls with my school friends. I can't wait!
Hi Kayleen, I sure do enjoy reading your blog! Keep them coming and have a great Christmas. Jan (the one in Canada, married to Ken) :)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is in my google reader so I will get them all. Also- I was positive your xmas card was a std and I was yelling at James....she did not send her std now! And then it was a very adorable holiday greeting :)
ReplyDeleteIt's good to see you guys starting holiday traditions! You probably know this, but Mom and I like to "jump-start" the holidays by going to the hospital lighting ceremony with singing,live nativity scene and trolley rides.It really gets us in the Christmas spirit.
ReplyDeleteMy cats had fleas once for several months. Cleaning, combing, bathing, and bombing the house twice didn't work. If you have trouble, the magic powder for me was diatomaceous earth.
ReplyDelete