School has started which means Jordan and I are both working full-time again. And now we're both doing something that is challenging and fulfilling (and more financially rewarding!). I am a lot more tired after a full day in the classroom, but each day brings new and fun things. It's cheesy to say, but I think I really am supposed to be teaching Art. I think it's what I'm best at, and brings me the most enjoyment and room to grow in my career and as a person.
My aunt Jan sent me a box last week of cards/letters that she and my uncle Ken sent to my grandparents over the last 30+ years. I just started going through some of them and it's amazing to think about how much has happened over that time. It's also weird to think that I was only 1-2 years old when some of these letters were written. I have plans to turn them into some kind of art project and have ideas about what it will look like, but nothing substantial yet. And really, most of my mental energy lately has been spent figuring out what I'll be teaching for the next day.
We went to the farmer's market in Verona a couple weekends ago with Alison (a mutual friend of ours) and her son Max. There was this amazing wood-fired pizza stand. We each got our own and sat in the park to eat it. Delicious. My legs look huge in this picture.
Also, a couple weeks ago Jordan needed to bring a hat for an activity at work. I made this for him. I know you're impressed. Now the aliens can't read his mind.
Not a lot else to report. We went to Minneapolis this past weekend to the wedding reception of one of Jordan's friends from high school. They had a super-fun photo booth where we took this series...
The next day we met our friends, James and Stephanie, at the Renaissance festival. I bought some natural lotion and soap and some homemade nut rolls (which I am kind of obsessed with.) Today we went to church- we've been trying to start going to a Unitarian Universalist church near UW-Madison- then enjoyed a classy breakfast at Denny's. Next weekend my parents will be visiting us, and the weekend after that we're taking a little trip to northern WI to a cottage in the woods for my birthday. I will be 31. Let's just let that sink in for a minute.
31.



No comments:
Post a Comment