Summer is nearly done and I have a bunch of pictures to upload, so let's recap...
First, if you haven't already heard the news through facebook or my mom, we're having a baby! Well, I'm having the baby, Jordan is putting up with me. We made the announcement on social media in June with this photo:
Cheesy? Yeah. But we think it's cute. It's hard to believe that we'll be in charge of something that is small enough to fit into that onesie.
Two other fun things happened in June: We went to a wedding in MN and we celebrated our 2 year anniversary! My co-worked from Redwood, Jeremy, got married in southwest MN so Jordan and I drove down for the fun.
 |
| Me and the most attractive former Art teacher in SW MN, Amanda! |
It was really nice to see a few of my friends from Redwood that I never get to see often enough. For our anniversary, we took a weekend trip to Prairie du Chien. I know, who goes to Prairie du Chien on an anniversary trip? Well, we do! It's a super cute and little town, right on the Mississippi, and we got to do lots of relaxing, playing Scrabble, and wandering around exploring the town.
 |
| Selfies on Main St. |
 |
| We found a shop that sold faux coon-skin caps... |
 |
| No, we didn't take one home with us. |
 |
| Virgin daiquiris for me... |
 |
| Beers for Jordan... |
On our actual anniversary, a Sunday, we went to an enormous brunch at the Great Dane. It was excessive and delicious. Notice how many photos I'm posting of Jordan and me eating... this is literally what most of my pictures from this summer consist of. Hmmm...
 |
| Jordan, after 3 plates of brunch. |
 |
| Despite my mug, it really was delicious! |
 |
| Happy two years! |
July was relatively uneventful. I put off doing schoolwork and felt guilty about it, Jordan went to work. I did a couple little projects around the house and starting working on our nursery a little bit. We went to Jordan's company picnic in the middle of the month. It's a huge event, over 10,000 people come, and there are lots of activities geared toward families. I'm sure when Baby P arrives we'll take advantage of more of the picnic. Mostly, we just go for the food (no surprises there!)
 |
| Jordan, inside of Deep Space- the enormous auditorium where staff meetings are held. |
 |
| A view of part of the festivities. It was a gorgeous day! |
In July, Jordan also got iPhones for both of us. Welcome to 2014, Parkers! Here are some of the photos I've taken so far with my new fancy gadget...
 |
| An afternoon downtown with my good friend Lyz, her dad, and son, Desmond. Panoramic! Fancy! |
 |
| Jordan has been making sun tea. He loves it. |
 |
| Desmond, showing off his skeleton puzzle! |
 |
| I was also able to successfully complete the skeleton puzzle. |
 |
| We found a new and wonderful home for Bumble with one of Jordan's co-workers. This is the last photo we took of Peggy and Bumble, mom and baby, before he went to his forever home. We miss the (not-so!) little guy but he's with a great family and a little boy who loves him a lot! |
 |
| And just to keep myself humble, this is what I looked like most afternoons in July... No shame. |
In early August we travelled to MN for my baby shower! I was so overwhelmed with everyone's generosity in helping out and we received so many wonderful gifts for Baby P.
 |
| My mom and Jordan's mom cutting the gender reveal cake... is it a boy or girl? Uncle Keith is SO excited to find out! |
 |
| We're having a boy! (The cake was blue inside) |
 |
| Such lovely decorations made by my cousin, Kim. |
 |
| And delicious cupcake made by my cousin, Amanda. I have talented family members! |
 |
| I just had to throw this one in... we went to rummage sale at our old high school and Jordan found this thing. I just think he looks like an adorable excited little kid! |
When we got home, I started sorting through all the baby stuff. Babies get a lot of stuff.
 |
| Meg thinks this is for him. |
 |
| Holy baby clothes explosion! Our kid already has more clothing than me. |
 |
| The changing table before... |
 |
| The changing table after! |
 |
| I think I was about 23 weeks here, keep growing baby! |
And now, for some summer randoms...
 |
We try to feed the birds but this guy
has other ideas. For reference, we fill the bird
feeder in the morning and by afternoon,
it's empty! |
 |
Meg likes to hide behind the patio curtains to watch the
squirrels and birds. I think it looks like he's putting himself
in time out. |
I'm glad you were able to complete the skeleton puzzle while simultaneously avoiding the hot lava. Also the picture of Waffles with M&Ms in rainbow order makes me laugh. A lot.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that Des is now aware of the dangers of hot lava. The more you know.
DeleteAnd we've discovered that we can also stack celery and remote controls on Waffles as well. She'll be ready for the guinea pig circus soon!
The changing table looks great! Guess I didn't hang that bird feeder out of squirrels' reach. Take care of yourself ,Jordan and Baby P.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Grandpa P.! We actually enjoy watching the squirrel acrobatics as they try for the birdseed. Jack and Meg like it too.
Delete