It's summer! I think I have taken more photos this month than I did in the previous three months combined. We've been busy this month with family visiting and planning family trips, I've been planning for my summer Ceramics class, and working on other little projects around the house and for school. It's hard to believe the month is already over- it flew by! Here are some highlights...
 |
| Noah's daycare hosted a family day at a local splash pad. As usual, he was more into the snacks than the activities. |
 |
| With lots of trips planned this summer, Noah needed a new bed for traveling since he's too big for the pack and play now. Of course we needed to give it a test run before taking it on the road- I think he likes it! |
 |
| Year 9 of teaching complete. And one empty Art office. |
 |
| We hosted an end of the year Ceramics sale featuring the work of a few of our advanced students- so much talent! I'm going to really miss some of this year's seniors; the Art department has some wonderful students going on to do some awesome things post-high school. |
My parents come to visit with their camper for a few weeks this month. It was so nice to get to spend time with them that wasn't scheduled for a short trip. Noah loved going to visit them at the campground although I think he liked climbing around the inside of the camper the best.
 |
| Breakfast at the Pancake Cafe. Noah's new favorite restaurant. |
 |
| My weird family. |
 |
| Expert at chilling in a camp chair. |
 |
| Reading with my favorite guy. |
 |
| First time making s'mores! |
 |
| Verdict? Delicious! |
 |
| Checking out the farmers market |
 |
| Family dinner! |
 |
| Reading with Grandpa Randy |
Between teaching summer school, planning curriculum for next school year, and three different multi-day conferences planned this summer, it hardly feels like I'm getting much of a break from school. The good news is that I actually like doing most of this stuff! This month I went to a four day conference and it was probably the most interesting and well-run professional development I've ever participated in. One thing that was kind of cool was the classroom had two large projector screens at the front, but then multiple TV screens around the room as well. It's a small thing, but it was nice to be able to follow along with the presentation from any position in the room.
 |
| Look at all those school-people, doing school-stuff. |
 |
| I thought this was interesting. Do you know the right answer? |
Another first this month- Noah had his first friend over to his house to play! He loves his friends at daycare but he definitely has a best buddy in his class that he loves to "wrestle" with. He asked me if J could come over to play so I set it up with J's mom and we made it happen. It might not seem like a big deal but it definitely felt like a mom milestone to me... the beginning of years of friendships, playdates, sleepovers, giggles, and silliness. :) The little guys had a great time!
 |
| Noah did a great job with sharing his toys! |
 |
| Expert climbers! |
 |
| Running out their energy! |
 |
| Such a fun morning together. |
That same day Noah and I went to two grad parties in the afternoon for a couple of my students, and then Andy's birthday party in the evening. Noah was definitely eating a fair amount of cake that day.
 |
| A lap full of cuteness. |
 |
| Delicious! |
 |
| "I'm Dr. Noah and I help people." |
I haven't had much time to read this month, I don't think I even finished one book. I'm currently reading a book that was recommended to me by a colleague, The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida, a 13-year old boy with autism. It's been really interesting so far. And I finished two TV shows- the Handmaid's Tale and season 5 of Orange is the New Black.
A couple other things happened this month... one was transitioning Noah's crib into his new "big boy bed." He was so excited to see it and so far it's been a pretty smooth transition for all of us. Another was that I decided to switch up my hair a little and am trying out bangs again. Oh, and we got a new water heater because that's what happens when you have a house. Stuff breaks and then you fix or replace it. It was an exciting few mornings with cold showers!
Get ready for a ton of family pics...
 |
| Noah has been very into stacking blocks... |
 |
| ... and his trains lately! |
 |
| I asked Jordan to braid my hair: not bad! |
 |
| Fun on the deck! |
 |
| Finished his Little Gym class! |
 |
| Bangs! |
 |
| Selfies on the front step |
 |
| Fun inside the capitol building |
 |
| Jordan, teaching Noah all about architecture. |
 |
| Checking out the ducks at the Terrace |
 |
| Expert climbers! |
 |
| And expert diggers! |
 |
| More digging... |
 |
| I just love these guys. |
 |
| Checking out the water |
 |
| Family! |
 |
| Practicing his bathtub backfloats |
 |
| We've had a lot of storms this month... |
 |
| One that resulted in this! |
 |
| Fun riding the train at the zoo! |
 |
| Just hold mom's hand if you're nervous! |
 |
| Noah's polar bear encounter |
 |
| This guy. |
 |
| Two wild animals hanging out! |
 |
| Reading time is the best. |
Tomorrow we're heading to MN for a short visit with Jordan's family, then July will be packed with my summer class and more travels to see MORE family! I'll write all about it next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment