Friday, January 13, 2012

Pictures

I realized that I had 32 images on my camera from the last month so I thought I'd share some with captions.
This unattractive photo of me was from the beginning of December when we realized that the cats had fleas. Jordan and I spent over an hour grooming the cats and this is all the fur we got off them. So gross. Since then we've been brushing them a few times a week to try to get more fleas off of them. It's a long process.

This was taken on December 20th, our first time flying together. A very nice lady traded seats with me so we could sit together. I used to really enjoy flying because I didn't get to do it very often, but now I kind of hate it. After three years of flying to Virginia and Ohio twice a year to see Jordan, the excitement has worn off and now I just get stressed about getting to the airport on time and getting through security.

 One of the more exciting things I did when I was home was pick up my wedding dress. I have a bunch of pictures of me in it but I can't post any since Jordan will see them. Instead, I'll post a picture of Jordan wearing my mom's wedding veil, looking rather bridal himself. And a fantastic picture of us out to dinner with our parents.

This was one of my favorite things I did when I was home. I also got to visit my wonderful friends in Redwood for an evening. It was so nice to spend time with people that I love, I just wish I could have been home for longer.

 Christmas Eve was spent having dinner with my family, going to church, and opening presents. The next morning we had breakfast with Jordan's family and then my mom and I flew back to Ohio.


Even though I managed to get sick immediately after returning to Ohio, my mom and I spent my day off walking around the zoo. It was great because it wasn't busy at all and the animals were very active. It was pretty cold but luckily I had my adorable hat that Jordan's sister, Kelly, gave me for Christmas. Funny story about my mom with the goats: A zoo employee purposely opened their gate to let out two of the goats to feed them, but mom thought they had escaped and tried to catch them for the employee. She has a close connection with the goats.

On my mom's last night in Ohio, we took her to Northstar Cafe, one of our favorite places to eat. That first photo shows the face I make when Jordan is driving me crazy. I think he loves that face.

2012 has been off to a rough start for me. I spent New Years Eve, my favorite holiday, on the couch surrounded by tissues and cough medicine and the following days laying in bed reading or sleeping. I finally went to the doctor, got some medication, and started to feel better. Then Jordan managed to get sick too, but fortunately it wasn't as bad as mine. We're finally on the mend and started taking down the Christmas decorations and putting plastic on the windows to keep the cold out.

There are only five and a half months left until the wedding. I'm trying to keep myself from going into panic mode by working on a few things every week. This week we sent out the Save the Dates and worked on the ceremony a little bit. I'm lucky that I have a mom that is willing to help out a lot since I'm so far away. This weekend she's going to the wedding expo in St. Cloud, even though we already have everything pretty much booked. I think she's going for the free cake, that's the best part anyway.

1 comment:

  1. My cats had fleas once. Tried brushing, tried combing, tried bathing, tried bombing. Only thing that worked was diatamaceous earth. Within two days every one in the house was gone.

    ReplyDelete