Sunday, March 11, 2012

103 days...

We are closing in on the dreaded 100 day countdown to the wedding. It seems like not that long ago I was telling myself that I could put things off because I had so much time, now it's getting serious. Here are some wedding things we've accomplished in the last two months:

1. Bought Jordan's suit. Men's Warehouse was having a BOGO sale so we actually got two of them, one charcoal gray and the other is black. Or, almost black. We've had both of them tailored so they fit properly, all that is left is the shirt, tie, socks, and shoes. Oh, and suspenders. Jordan wants suspenders. This man never ceases to surprise me.

2. Bought the wedding invitations. I wasn't sure if I should try making them since I made the save the dates but in the end, I think I saved a lot of time, headache, and money by just designing them myself online and ordering them. They're all addressed, they just need postage and they're ready to go. We'll probably send them out in the middle of April. I'm excited to start getting the RSVP cards back!

3. We made a bunch of paper flowers. Pretty much all the flowers in the wedding will be paper, minus the bouquets for me and Angie, the corsages for our moms, the boutonieres for the men. I think I spelled that right.

4. We wrote most of the ceremony. Writing a wedding ceremony is stressful. We're still working on a couple readings, and we have to write our vows, but the order or everything is pretty much set.

5. I ordered my veil online, and we booked the plane tickets to Florida. I think going on a cruise to the Bahamas for a week after the wedding is about the best idea we've had so far. Even if we just sit on the ship and drink margaritas and watch the water, it's going to be an awesome vacation. 

There are about three things that I can talk about for hours: teaching, cats, and the wedding. Enough with the wedding, let's move onto cats...

Don't be fooled by the cute face. He's hiding in the box and planning a sneak attack on Stella.

They still hate each other and will get into a fight if they're alone for too long. It's really sad because we had such high hopes that all the cats would be friends but it's finally to the point where we've just given up trying to make them get along. They do have one common enemy though: balloons.

On valentine's day Jordan brought home a huge heart-shaped balloon for me. For some reason, all three cats are terrified of it and will suspend their hatred of each other once the balloon makes an appearance. It has provided much entertainment for us.

Here is what I did for Jordan for V-day:

 Kayleen is the best! 

I made his favorite dinner, Redwood casserole, with a heart of red peppers and bought him a ridiculously expensive but ridiculously delicious beer that he'd been eying at Whole Foods. And for his birthday I made my first two-layer chocolate cake.

I was going to try to making some frosting roses, but those sugar-letters are so easy and delicious.

That is a lot of candles. What an old man. 


I told him he had to make a birthday wish. You only get one a year, so it better be a good one. 
No pressure or anything.

I hope he wished for a new couch. We need one.

In January we bought a new tv. It's a 40 inch flat screen and it's amazing. It's really nice to have a tv that doesn't make a high-pitched buzzing noise every few minutes that you have to hit to make it stop. Yes, we were actually beating up our old tv just to get it to work.

My trainer, Eric, has me doing a 100-day burpee challenge. The rules are simple. On day one, you do one burpee, day two is two burpees, and so on up to 100 days. If you don't know what a burpee is, here's a link to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1yWBNgRHrc 

I'm doing a push-up in the middle. Sort of. I try. Today is day fourteen. My goal is to make it to 25 before deciding if I will continue the challenge or wuss out. I've been going to spinning classes twice a week too which I love. Jordan tried it once with me and hated every minute of it. I guess he doesn't like pop music blasting over speakers, cold air being blown in his face, and an instructor yelling at him to "Push it!" and "Pick it up!"

Since my mom told me she checks my blog everyday to see if I've updated, I'll try to do that more often. It's just not as exciting around here anymore. Most days are the same: I go to work, Jordan goes to class, we come home, eat dinner, watch Netflix, and go to bed. How dull.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayleen,
    I come to your site most days too and always love it when you have a post! Keep 'em coming. Jan

    ReplyDelete