Sunday, May 20, 2012

One month...

Jordan thinks this post is going to be all about the wedding. So I'll do my best to prove him wrong. All I will say is that I'm pretty sure I'm vibrating with a low-level amount of anxiety all the time. To alleviate this, I've taken to making to-do lists which make me feel accomplished and more organized. So far, I've made six. I'm guessing I'll have at least a dozen by June 22nd.

Yesterday we went to an International supermarket that had mostly Asian food. Here are some things that we saw: Three tanks of huge, live fish. Two cases of huge, dead, frozen fish. Packaged pig feet. Packaged chicken feet. Pig liver and skin in the deli case. An entire aisle of dried packages of seaweed. Durian and green-tea flavored popsicles. Adorable cat rice bowls. We bought two things.


On the left is a package of strawberry flavored cream puffs. They're okay. On the right is a package of lychee flavored gummies. I think they are gross. Jordan eats them.

Today is Stella's birthday. To celebrate, we gave her a whole can of wet cat food. I hope she doesn't puke it up.

While preparing for the wedding, we've also been preparing for our Bahamian cruise. Jordan and I generally don't have motion-sickness, but I bought some anti-nausea wristbands and ginger gum. I also got a prescription from my doctor for some kind of patch that is supposed to help. I'd rather be overly prepared and not need any of these things, than puking our guts out and wishing we had spent the $10 on medicine. Jordan bought a pair of Chacos today. They are the best walking/hiking sandals ever. I bought a pair five years ago and they're still like new.

Work has been fine. I had my first review last week and will be getting a small raise. I've also started the process for getting my Ohio teaching license. Hopefully I'll have that done within a month or so and be able to start looking for a job in a school soon.

I'll end with a picture that Jordan and I took a couple weeks ago. I got a new dress for our rehearsal dinner and he got his suit, shoes, tie, and shirt so we played a little dress-up.


No comments:

Post a Comment