Sunday, June 3, 2012

19 days...


Jordan and I have a white board near the door where we keep shopping lists, things to remember, and we draw funny cartoons to each other. This is the most recent one. And possibly, the most accurate.

I've been working on getting my Ohio teaching license. Last week I did the fingerprinting, background check, and sent in all my paperwork. Now we play the waiting game for it to come in the mail. My job is going fine otherwise, but it's definitely not something I want to do be doing forever. I'll probably start sending out resumes after the wedding is over.


Last week I decided to try making fake fried chicken for the first time, since fried chicken was Jordan's favorite food in his meat-eating days. It actually turned out pretty well. But really, you can't mess up too much with fried food. That plate lasted about 5 minutes.

Yesterday evening we went over to Keren's house to hang out with 'a few people.' When we got there, I discovered it was actually a party for me and Jordan, and another couple that is getting married a week before us. Jordan told me that a few of the girls in the Philosophy dept. had been planning on this party since February. It was so thoughtful of everyone. One of the weird things about being engaged for me has been all the attention. It's not something I expected and I'm never really sure how to handle it. Everyone has been so congratulatory and happy for Jordan and me, it makes us feel very, very loved and supported.

We got a wedding present in the mail last week: a new vacuum cleaner from my aunt and uncle that is designed for pet hair. Since Jordan is in charge of vacuuming, he got right to work assembling it and trying it out. It has been awesome and made me realize how crappy our old vacuum cleaner really was. Our old carpet actually feels better and fluffier to walk on.

In two weeks we'll be driving back to MN. I can't wait to get away for a couple weeks. I'll admit it, I've already started packing.

1 comment: