Sunday, March 8, 2015

Back to school...

My maternity leave ended last week and I'm back at school. Of course this also means that Noah has started going to daycare. I think the transition was more difficult for me than him. The morning logistics are a lot more complicated now that Jordan and I are both trying to get ourselves ready for the day, on top of caring for Noah and getting him ready for daycare.

I haven't written a lot here about my struggles with breastfeeding but after some hurdles at the beginning, we figured it out and had been doing well with it. Now I'm having to pump milk for him to have during the day on top of nursing him at home at night, which has been a challenge. Because his daycare is located inside the school, I'm actually able to nurse him a couple times during the day as well. This is both a blessing and a curse. It's great that I don't have to pump at work, but I'm also not able to use my prep or lunch time to work on school stuff since I'm down at the daycare. #mom/teacherproblems
Noah at his first day of daycare. He was sleeping about 5 seconds before I took this photo. This is a very serious face but I swear, he's usually smiley and chatty during the day!  
I wasn't sure how I would feel about going back to school but I'm actually really enjoying getting back into my classrooms. I'm teaching Art Foundations and Ceramics, both really fun classes with motivated students. We have four weeks until spring break and I'm sure by then, I'll be wanting some time off at home with Noah.

As usual, the dump of baby photos...
Out to lunch, on his best behavior.
In his new polar bear suit!
A rare occasion: wearing a coordinating "outfit"
"I've called you into my office to discuss your performance this fiscal quarter."
Cabbie hat from Aunt Karen, too adorable.
Happy birthday, dad!
This is the smug face.
Four months! 
Visiting dad at work- Epic has some cool chairs!
Family circus.
Jordan, explaining the mysteries of the universe to his son.

Out for a walk in 40+ degree weather- practically balmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment