Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hello spring!


Let's start with a couple photos I missed when writing my last post...

I love story time! Roald Dahl is the best!
Bath time in the BIG tub!




















Welp, spring break is over and now we're into the end-of-the-year countdown. We had a really nice and mellow Easter. Jordan... I mean... the easter bunny came and left a scavenger hunt for us. Luckily, Lyz and Des could come over to help Noah out with the clues to find the basket. Our first year living together in Columbus, the easter bunny also made a scavenger hunt for me to find my basket- I'm hoping he comes every year for Noah too.
Cutest bunny.
Easter morning family photo. Yep, we just woke up. 
Not so sure about these ears...
I love this photo. What a sweetheart.

We found the basket! Clever bunny hid it in the oven.
Des, showing Noah how to work this awesome gadget.
The next day, Noah and I drove the six hours to MN for a visit. I was pretty anxious about handling the drive alone but Noah went easy on me and slept most of the time. We had a nice stop in Minneapolis to visit our friends, Kristina, Jim, and Eli. Then it was on to St. Cloud to see our family.
Noah is clearly the life of the party.
I love my funcle Keith!
Selfie to send to dad

The face of most men while shopping at Bath and Body Works.
We spent four days in St. Cloud. It was great to have so many willing hands to hold the baby so I could get a bit of time to myself, even if it was just to nap and zone out while looking at the internet. It was also nice to see how much he is loved by many people- we're kind of insulated in our little home in Madison but there were lots of people that wanted to meet our little guy. We brought him to my mom's work and needless to say, he is quite skilled at charming office ladies with his smiles and coos. The drive back home was a bit more harrowing- traffic, pouring rain, and a screaming baby are a really unpleasant mix- but we made it through and got back safely.

Jordan and I had one overnight away from Noah a couple months ago when we went to see Book of Mormon, but it happened pretty spontaneously. Lyz and Andy generously offered to watch Noah overnight for us again so we decided to make it a big evening and booked a hotel in downtown Madison. They have two babies on the way so Noah helped them get ready with some practice. Hopefully he wasn't too hard on them.
Fancy burgers AND drinks?!
Without the baby?!
Outside... by the Capitol?!
Visiting the Monona Terrace. It was a lovely evening! 
This picture melts my heart. BFFs!
The rest of April has been pretty quiet. Our moms came for a visit and we went to the Half Pint sale- it was just as overwhelming as I remembered from last year- but we got some fun things for Noah and a double stroller for Lyz and Andy when the twins arrive. Noah has grown a lot in the last month. He's heavier, bigger, has more hair and muscle control. We're currently working on transitioning him to the crib and out of the swaddle... I'm still dreaming of getting a full eight hours of sleep in a row. It makes me a little wistful when I think about those early days when he would just nap on my chest all day while I watched a million shows on Netflix. 

As usual... the dump of baby photos.

Noah and a friend at Cuddlebugs- the mom group that saved my sanity in those first couple months. We got to visit again during spring break! Look at that strong neck! 
Rosy cheeks. We think teeth might be coming?
Meg isn't sure about those ears.
What a charmer.
Scored this plastic monster for $5 at a garage sale

Worrying about the world's problems.
I love this face.
Spending some time in the crib.
Baby Modeling 101.
Fun visit with grandma! 
My guys.
Quality Control- I have to taste everything.  
SIX months!!
Oh man... six months. Mid-life crisis time.

No comments:

Post a Comment