 |
| Please sir, I want some more. |
I think Noah would fit right in with the musical Oliver, singing about how much he loves food. In the last month, we've started doing basic rice cereal twice a day mixed with breast milk. For a baby that had to spend time in the NICU figuring out how to eat, he's pretty much a natural now.
 |
| Our first try with a spoon. Noah says "Bring it on!" |
 |
| Obviously advanced spoon skills. |
 |
| And making a pretty impressive mess. I spared you the really gross photos. You're welcome. |
And this is the face he makes when the bowl is empty, or if you're a half second too long in getting more food to his mouth...
 |
| Why is the food gone?!?!?!?! |
It's been fun to try new fruits and vegetables with him too. So far he likes sweet potatoes, tolerates apple sauce, and HATES peas. We've also been trying to transition him out of the swaddle and into his crib. I saw a product on Shark Tank a couple years ago called a Zipadeezip which is basically a starfish shaped sleepsack that is supposed to help ease the transition out of the cozy, tight swaddle into something a little more loose but still constrictive. At first, Noah did really well!
 |
| Ack! Trapped with a sleeping baby on my lap! |
 |
| Still asleep in his zippy, moved into the crib. Success! |
But right around Mother's Day, Noah decided he actually hated the crib, and the zippy, and sleep in general so we were back to square one. Oh well, we still love him. Jordan was in Columbus for Mother's Day so my mom came to visit. We had a nice time doing some shopping and hanging out, even with the lack of sleep from Noah. I was also able to take him to my mom group and spend time with some of the babies and moms I hadn't seen in almost two months.
 |
| Mother's day! (Note the giant coffee for me) |
 |
| Baby friends. You can really see Noah's 95% head here. He and this baby are just five days apart in age! |
Last weekend we did our annual trip to Spring Grove, MN for Syttende Mai. It was Noah's first parade and first time overnight in a hotel. One of those went much better than the other, I'll let you guess which was which.
 |
| Mirror fun with Grandpa! |
 |
| Noah gets special privileges to be on the table. |
 |
| Noah wasn't sure about his hat. I love it! |
 |
| He loved watching all the people and floats go by. |
 |
| Protecting our fair Norwegian skin. |
 |
| Fun day! |
Another milestone that I think is coming up soon: Mobility. He's been working hard at it and is really good at pushing up on his arms, and kicking his legs, just not in synch. We should probably enjoy these last few weeks of peace because I'm pretty sure once he gets moving, he will keep us on our toes. We should probably buy a baby gate...
 |
| First time touching grass. He loved it! |
 |
| Sitting pretty well on his own |
 |
| First visit to the Union Terrace. |
 |
| Sleep baby on a walk. |
 |
| I love going for walks! |
 |
| We sometimes coordinate outfits (not really) |
 |
| Bath time with dad! |
 |
| Walking with dad at Epic. |
 |
| I can't wait to ride the Underground! |
 |
| Strong baby! |
 |
| You can really see how much his hair has grown here. |
When we take him out in his stroller, he often falls asleep in the same position. I think it's too adorable.
 |
| Day 1 |
 |
| Day 2 |
 |
| Day 3 |
I suppose I should rename this blog to All About Noah or something. He really does consume a lot of my energy and time. We have 10 days of class left, then finals, and then the school year is done. There are still some things up in the air for next year, but once the dust settles I'm hoping I'll be teaching more Ceramics and Photography in the fall, which I'm really excited about. We're planning on putting Noah into daycare for two days a week in the summer so I have time to work on school stuff and things around the house. Lyz is going to have her twins any day now so I'm sure I'll be spending lots of time with babies too!
No comments:
Post a Comment