Friday, July 3, 2015

Summertime!


It's finally here... summer vacation! And it's been over a month since my last post. I should just make it my goal to update once a month, that seems to be about as often as I'm able anyway. This is going to be a picture-heavy post (mostly Noah, as usual) so fair warning.

And I'm a fan of lists so here's 10 things that we've done in the last month:

1. End of the school year/daycare changes. 
Well, I made it through the school year and after a lot of waiting and unnecessary drama, I'm happy to say that I'll be teaching full-time next year (rather than the nearly-full-time position I've had the last two years.) We said a sad farewell to our daycare at school in the beginning of June and Noah has started going to an in-home center twice a week so I can get more work done at home and school, and even get a little baby-free personal time to myself.
At the farewell daycare potluck- so much fun with everyone!
First graduation photo- I melted a little when I saw it.
At his new daycare with baby-friends- all 3 the same age!
2. Throwing stuff.
I'll be teaching mainly Ceramics next year so I've been spending a fair amount of my baby-free time at school, practicing in the studio. There is always more to do, more stuff to make, more skills to practice. I'll also be teaching Photography and Drawing so there is plenty of work getting ready for next year already. 
3 hours of work on the wheel.
3. Bath time!
Noah is starting to really enjoy playing in the tub and is finally strong enough to sit up well so I don't worry (as much) about him toppling over. Another mom suggesting putting him into a laundry basket in the tub to keep his toys more contained and give him a back rest- great idea! And like a good mom, I've been capturing plenty of adorable naked baby pictures to pull out at those opportune times when he's older...
Trying to pull himself up. This is his working-so-hard! face.
Post-bathtime. That baby butt.
We've also done a little living room bathtime.
He loves it!
 4. Spending money...
Welcome to home ownership, Parkers! It's really expensive! In the last month, we've had the air conditioning system and brakes replaced in one of our cars, replaced a window in the living room (the frame was wood and really wearing down), and replaced our air conditioning unit for the house. All of these things have improved our quality of life, and taken a large chunk out of our savings. Ouch. 
The new window. Really exciting, huh?
5. Trip to Minnesota!
We drove to MN for the third time since Noah was born. This was probably the most challenging car ride so far. When he was really little, Noah would be happy to sleep for hours in the car but it seems that those days might be coming to an end. But we made it in one piece and had a really nice visit with our families. We also took some professional family photos with everyone to mark the occasion. 
A rare moment of sleep on the drive...
Fun with grandma!

This is his crazy-baby face.
Making a pit stop at Caribou Coffee on the drive back home.
6. Our third wedding anniversary
It's hard to believe that Jordan and I were married only 3 summers ago. It somehow feels like no time at all, and an eternity. In the time since, we've moved twice, both started new jobs, bought a house, and had a baby. Whew. In the morning of our anniversary we took the family photos, then we got some coffee, dropped Noah off for special time with his Grandmas, and went out for lunch by ourselves at the White Horse. Read that again: by ourselves! Alone! It was lovely. And the following day we had dinner at Cafe Renaissance, also by ourselves! Go Team Beaver!
The last time we were here for coffee, Noah was inside me!
We don't have our kid with us- let's go crazy at Target!
Cheesy dinner photo. Over a decade, still in love. Gross. :)
7. Shopping
Noah can now ride in the top part of a shopping cart and he loves it! Some of our favorite stores...
Costco
Blaine's Farm and Fleet 
Hy-Vee
8. Milestones
Some new skills in the last month...
Sitting up really well!
Eating in his new high chair! 
Turning 8 months old!
The next Jackson Pollock?
Drinking from a sippy cup!
9. I don't really have anything for this one... here are some more random pics.

















Because they can't ALL be cute pics...
























































10. And finally... Noah demonstrating a perfect plank pose... (and doing lots of grunting)

See you in a month! (Hopefully sooner, but no promises!)

No comments:

Post a Comment