Sunday, November 22, 2015

The missed autumn

Well, it's been awhile. I missed blogging an entire season because the last time I wrote a post the temp was in the 80's and right now it's 17 degrees outside. So let's recap the fall!

School started for me at the beginning of September and Noah started at his new daycare. It was kind of a rough transition for both of us. And we both got sick several times in September. Lame.
So sad. So sick.
However, we still managed to have lots of fun with Noah as he continues to grow and hit new milestones. Mobility is pretty high on his list of interests lately. He's become an expert at crawling and pulling himself up to standing. In the last month he's also gotten pretty good at walking while holding onto whatever stable objects are around.
Cruising the neighborhood with dad.
He thinks he's so cool. 
One of our last summer outings!
Picking his Halloween pumpkin.









Big stander!
Another big change in our household is the addition of another Parker- my brother! Keith got a job in Madison this summer and moved into our house in September. It's been nice to have another adult around to help watch Noah and I don't think he minds living in our basement too much, at least for now. And Noah loves spending more time with his funcle!

Noah looks a little freaked out here, but I promise they have lots of fun together!
We celebrated my 33rd birthday in September as well, and our moms came to spend the weekend with us so Jordan and I could have a 'staycation' in a hotel for a night. It was really nice to spend some time alone together, we don't get much of that anymore. We also celebrated Keith's 30th birthday and Noah's 1st birthday in October. Birthdays for everyone! I hope Jordan didn't feel left out. Keith and I didn't do a lot on our birthdays, but Noah's day was pretty special. I stayed home with him and we visited Jordan at work for lunch, then Keith and I took him to the zoo in the afternoon. Then in the evening we had friends come over for a special celebration. Such a fun day!
My cake may have slid in the box a little... still delicious!
Happy birthday Keither!
Looking at a gibbon for the first time...
Lots of fun stuff to crawl on! 
Desmond was a great present-opening helper!
Happy first birthday, Noah!
The week after Noah's birthday we drove to Minnesota for a bigger party with more family and friends. What a lucky kid, he is loved by a lot of people! We hadn't made this trip since the previous June and weren't sure how Noah was going to handle the 6 hour car ride now that he's a more mobile and independent but he did great. The tons of toys we kept giving him to keep him busy seemed to help too. 
Sitting in his chair from Grandpa Brad
Fun with Grandpa Randy on the lawn mower

Yep, that's our kid. 

Fun with Grandma Lynn 

Learning some jams on the piano
This one is more Noah-sized.
Fox family -- birthday fun!
Jet was a great present-opening helper too!
Family!
Four generations- we have lots of animals in the family!
Lots of toys on the drive home!
One of his new favorites- future drummer?
And now for the random pictures I just like:
We're not really Badger fans, but it looks cute!
Such a happy baby
Trip to the apple orchard- checking out the chickens
Yes, Jordan labeled him.
Fun at the Little Gym- our Saturday morning class!
He loves shoulder rides!
Blustery fall day
Teaching Noah about oral hygiene 
I'm ONE!
Keith and I at a Madison Captiols hockey game
I love these weird photo-op things
Learning to spell and getting clean at the same time!
We have teeth!
Morning snuggles in bed
Cuddles with Grandma
What is all this cold white stuff?!



No comments:

Post a Comment