Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Six months of photos...

Welp. It's been six months and I haven't updated my blog. Whoops! I'm noticing that pretty much every one of my blog posts starts with me noting that it's been awhile since I posted. I guess I was busy this summer, and then school started, and then Noah's birthday, and then the holidays, and then, well, it's today. And I have two whole days off for winter break to myself (Jordan is at work, Noah's in daycare, and I'm home in my pajamas!) so while I could be cleaning, unpacking from our recent trip to MN, getting caught up on my grading, planning for the upcoming semester, or running errands, I'm going to stay here in my comfy chair and post a sampling of photos from the last half of 2016. 

Most of the summer was spent teaching summer ceramics, working on house stuff, and doing lots of fun things with friends and family!

We discovered a local trampoline park and have had fun visiting it several times. Noah hasn't quite gotten the hang of jumping yet, but he definitely loves running around, chasing and throwing balls with friends!
We also visited the splashpad a few times. Despite loving all things involving water (bathtime, swimming, even rain and snow!), Noah was a little unsure about venturing into the puddles. Maybe next summer he'll feel a bit more brave?

Noah started parent-tot swimming lessons this summer. We had SO much fun!

In July we went to Jordan's annual company picnic. They always go all-out with lots of fun things for kids and families. Noah loved visiting all the animals and getting to sit on construction equipment.

Though this face doesn't show it, Noah actually was pretty impressed with the day.

My favorite place to hang out: the swings!

Our friends Eli and Kristina came to visit us too! Could these guys be any cuter! Also- check out Noah's curls in the back. I loved them, but it was definitely starting to look a little like he was rocking a mullet.

So it was time... Noah's first haircut. He did a great job sitting on my lap, watching Olympic basketball. In fact, I think he was so enthralled with the TV that he didn't even notice that his hair was being cut!

In August my parents came to visit. They had a great time at the zoo.

2016 vs 2015. Our annual umbrella photo. Look at how much has changed in a year!

In September I started school again with my awesome Art department. I'm so lucky that I get to go to work every day with such a fun, supportive, and hilarious group of women.

Before the weather turned too cool, we got to enjoy lots of sunshine-y weekends and afternoons at the park with friends. I'm missing those blue skies right now!

One afternoon I was chatting with our neighbor outside after school while Noah played with his basketball. I turn around and see this guy testing out the depth of the giant puddle at the end of our cul de sac. Oh well!

Noah is always willing to help out his friends!

We spent an awesome day at a local apple orchard with friends and staff from Noah's daycare. We're so fortunate that he gets to spend his days with a wide circle of adults and students that love him almost as much as we do.

This fall we had a fun visit from Grandma Lynn and Grandma Mary Jo! Lots of snuggles and treats and late bedtimes for this guy!

Another fun visit to an apple orchard with our friends. Again, Noah is happy to lend a helping hand and pull Coraline in the wagon.

I'm pretty sure he ate at least three whole apples in this trip. And probably found all of them on the ground, covered in dirt. Building immunity, right?!

At the end of October, we celebrated Noah's second birthday. I *may* have gone a little overboard with the bus theme and decorations. But you only turn 2 once, right?!

Eat your heart out, pinterest.

This photo sums up everything I wanted from Noah's birthday. All his friends, having fun and riding the bus together. It was the perfect day.

All the Parker kids, riding Noah's bus!
Taking advantage of the last warm days of the year with lots of visits to the park! 
Right after Noah's birthday is Halloween. This year we were a bee family and had fun trick-or-treating at Jordan's work. It took Noah a little while to catch on, but soon he was an expert going door to door, collecting plenty of candy.
Pumpkin family. Noah designed his own "happy pumpkin"

This was our first year trick or treating in our neighborhood. Noah wasn't feeling his wings, stinger, or antennae but we managed ton convince him to keep his bee shirt on, at least!

Lots of kids and candy and costumes! 
I am great at raking. Noah is great at riding his bike through the pile.

Fun with Grandma in the November leaves!
I just love reading books with this guy.
Lately Noah has become very into lining up his friends in the bathtub, listing them by name,
This fall I spent lots of time making pottery for classroom examples, gifts, and to sell at our annual ceramics sale at school.

I also got to go on a weekend retreat to a ceramics workshop with a colleague. An entire afternoon just throwing on the wheel? Yes, please!

After the first snow of the year, Noah needed to check it out.

Duncan Dog has become a favorite friend of Noah's and they share everything together. Mealtimes, bedtime, playtime...

... Noah even shares his musical talents with Duncan!

The first big snow! Let's check it out!

Visiting Santa's reindeer. Noah looks unsure, but I swear he was into it! And he loved their big "horns"

Family fun in the snow!

More fun with friends in the snow! 

We're lucky that uncle Keith loves playing in the snow almost as much as Noah. I have a feeling that more snowballs and snow forts are in our future.

Noah started the next level of swimming lessons this fall- without parents in the pool. It was a tough transition at first, but I think it was more difficult for me than him! And I'm so proud that he's becoming such an independent and courageous little guy!

We visited MN for Christmas and Noah was a great help with packing. Well, if all you need for a trip is books and t-shirts. That sounds about right.

More snow fun with Grandpa Randy and a new shovel!

All this boy wanted for Christmas was cake and ice cream. Done and done.

Santa Claus visited and left his footprints behind! Noah and Keith had to investigate them thoroughly.

Grandpa Randy and Noah, watching a bit of TV at Aunt Kelly's house. Do you think they look alike?
So, there you go. See ya, 2016. I'll do my annual year-end recap in a couple days. For real. I'll do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment