We're into the last month of 2017 and the political train wreck in this country just keeps getting more and more... is there even a word to describe what is going on? Unbelievable? Heartbreaking? Rage-inducing? Completely demoralizing? Okay, maybe this isn't the best way to start a post in a blog that is basically about the adorableness of my kid. But seriously. I have barely watched the news in a year because I'm completely embarrassed that the rest of the world is seeing our country represented by such an egomaniacal, impulsive, crude, tactless, ignorant buffoon. How can anyone feel proud to be represented by this guy? How could anyone encourage their kid to aspire to be president one day with him as a role model? Gah. Canada looks better every day.
In other news, it snowed for the first time this month and Noah was enthralled. Of course it all melted within 12 hours, but it was lovely while it lasted!
 |
| So magical... |
 |
| So cold! |
This month has seen a lot of transition. When Noah turned 3 he moved into the pre-school room at daycare. To celebrate, we went out for dinner as a family. Noah was so excited and was very polite and well-mannered the whole time. He even handled it like a champ when the waitress spilled almost a whole beer (Jordan's, obviously!) on his lap. This little guy is really growing up! That same weekend we went to the Kid's Expo at the high school and Noah was so excited to run around with Desmond. I think these two guys could have spent all day in the inflatable obstacle course.
 |
| I can't wait to eat all of these french fries! |
 |
| Thanks for dinner, pops! |
 |
| Pounding golf tees into a pumpkin? I guess they're into it! |
 |
| Desmond is such a sweet friend to Noah. |
The next day, Jordan left for a go-live in Nashville and my mom came to visit. We had a fun time reading lots of books, visiting Rockin' Jump, playing at the park, and just hanging out. A few colleagues and I also had a little 'favorite things' party where you choose something you like and bring enough to share with everyone. We added a fun twist that the item brought needed to be homemade so I brought the lotion bars I've been experimenting with lately- see the pic in the October 2017 post.
This is the recipe I used in case you're interested. It was a great party and so fun to leave with new homemade treats, candles, and facial/skin products to try out!
 |
| He loves this magazine! |
 |
| Always carry two balls for throwing. |
 |
| Extra cuddles from grandma and Blue. |
 |
| Action shot in the leaf pile! |
 |
This is the face that Noah makes when we're playing with the train table at Barnes and Noble (one of his fave places) and another kid might be coming over to the table too. He definitely doesn't want to share- he likes to use ALL the trains- but he knows that if he can't be kind and give one of the trains to another kid that wants to play too, then we need to stop playing and take a break. This facial expression, I think, perfectly shows that mix of territorial inquisitiveness ('is that kid coming over here?) and dread (I don't want to share any of these trains with him/her!)
Ahhh, the joys of parenting a toddler that is learning social skills. |
 |
| There are just too many amazing things about this photograph. |
A few days after Jordan got back from his trip, he got together with some colleagues to play Dungeons and Dragons. Although we actually have several friends that like to play this game, Jordan had never played before so it was a new experience. I've never played either and to be honest, I don't totally get it. But I'm glad he had fun! This was one of our text exchanges while he was there...

And, I'll just dump a bunch of photos here at the end of the post. We had a nice thanksgiving at home, the weather has been pretty warm so we're still playing outside a fair amount, I've been doing a lot of cleaning out closets/purging junk this month, and we got our Christmas decorations up early this year which has been nice. Noah is VERY into Christmas for the first time, so it's been fun to talk it up with him- although he does ask every. single. day. if it's Christmas yet and if Santa is coming. Oh kiddo, waiting is tough. Oh, and I saw TWO movies in the theatre this month- Battle of the Sexes and Loving Vincent. Both were pretty good. And I started reading a couple books- if I manage to finish them I'll write about it next month!
 |
| While doing laundry ( the reason for no sheets on the bed!) and cleaning out a closet, I managed to find a copy of all of our Christmas cards from the last 7 years. Have you collected them all? |
 |
| Thanksgiving 2015 vs. 2017. The irony here is that Noah, while excited for the "feast," didn't have a single bite of any of the food in this pic. Ahh picky eaters. |
 |
| We went to a fun and LOUD ornament-making activity at Home Depot over Thanksgiving break. Noah was very into the hammering nails, not so much into the painting part, of his ornament. |
 |
| Another sunshine day, another trip to the park. |
 |
| Hey, the Christmas tree is up! |
 |
| A random pic of a delicious quiche I made. |
 |
| Blowing bubbles. I love those duck lips! |
 |
| Family! |
 |
| Noah has started to request that we take photos of all the things he wants for Christmas this year. Yeah, sorry little dude, I don't think you'll be getting this. |
See ya at the end of 2017!
No comments:
Post a Comment