July is over, where did it go?! This month has been a whirlwind of playdates, birthday parties, family time, friend time, trips to the pool and splashpad, summer school, and new projects. I read a thing yesterday that said that for teachers, August is just one long Sunday night. I'm feeling that right now. School is around the corner and I guess it's time I start planning for it. Boooooo.
So- back to the beginning of July- a couple days after we got home from Australia I was knocked out with the flu. The flu in July?! What the heck?! So while everyone was out enjoying the perfect weather for fourth of July festivities, I literally spent the entire day in bed. Lame. Fortunately Jordan and Noah had a great time with friends! And then we spent the weekend doing lots of family time to make up for it.
 |
| These adorable kids <3 (photo from Lyz!) |
 |
| Explorer! |
 |
| He was so into this tire tunnel. |
 |
| Tough animal cracker?! |
I went back and counted and we went to FOUR birthday parties this month- I guess there are lots of July birthdays in Noah's class! All of them were a ton of fun and one was even at the local fire station. The kids got to climb onto the fire trucks and learn about the gear and equipment from actual fire fighters. Noah was absolutely enthralled.
 |
| The best part of the party- cake! |
 |
| All tuckered out. |
 |
| So much running with friends! |
 |
| These two are just the sweetest. |
 |
| Balloons! |
 |
| Single file, kiddos. |
 |
| Oh, my heart. |
 |
| Learning about fire extinguishers. |
 |
| The inseparable trio. |
Jordan and I have both been busy this month working on some projects. Between us we've been doing lots of running and yoga and it's been great to focus more on self-care. I've been busy co-teaching a summer school class which has been okay and a good way to bring in a little extra $$$. And after a few years of thinking about it, Jordan finally went for it and got braces. It's definitely been a transition but I think he's starting to get used to it and while it's not super fun right now, it'll be worth it when they come off and he gets to have a lifetime of straight teeth!
We were also lucky to have several visitors this month including Jordan's mom and sister. Noah had a great time visiting the zoo and enjoying lots of extra treats for Grandma Mary Jo's birthday!
 |
| Every kid in Madison knows this place! |
 |
| First solo merry-go-round ride! |
 |
| This is what "ready for bed" looks like. |
 |
| Typical Parker dinner. Pizza on pizza plates. |
 |
| I loooove the pooooool! |
 |
| Umbrella pic: 2018 |
 |
| Matching outfits. Heart explode. |
 |
| My two monkeys. |
 |
| SO into geology at the library! |
 |
| A rainy day is perfect park weather, right?! |
 |
| He loved it. |
 |
| Mommy, LOOK! (x 1,000 times) |
 |
| Before and After: Big Kid Haircut! |
 |
| Checking out that sweet Spring Grove soda. |
 |
| This summer. Right here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment