Monday, October 1, 2018

September 2018

Four years of Ms. Parker (I guess I lost the first two years?)
As always, the beginning of September brings the new school year. My summer was so structured and busy that I was actually kind of happy to get back into the familiar groove of classes, though I definitely didn't feel as well-rested and prepared for the year as I usually do. So far things have been going well- this is my 11th year of teaching and I'm glad I'm usually in a place now where I feel like I can handle most anything thrown at me on a given school day. Though I work with teenagers... so who knows what craziness I'll be dealing with tomorrow or next week or next month.
I always appreciate the back to school flowers from Jordan every year. They just brighten up the house!
The fearless A(rt) team, reunited and stronger than ever!
Showing my colleagues an awesome youtube video (I'll put it at the end of this post!) and eliciting the best facial expressions. I have a great job.
Back to school essentials AKA don't go to Costco when you're hungry
So, it's actually been a pretty chill month for me which has been nice. I did a yoga challenge over the summer which ended at the beginning of the month. The challenge involved choosing to go to 40, 50, or 60 yoga classes within the 99 days between Memorial day and Labor day. If you met your goal you would earn a prize (a t-shirt, bracelet, or hoodie) and there was a sticker chart involved. Obviously I was sold once I saw that sticker chart. I went to 60 yoga classes which was extra difficult because I was out of town for almost 4 weeks throughout the summer. I just got an email today that my hoodie is ready to be picked up- I know what I'll be wearing all winter!

Sticker charts are motivating. 
Yay! I did it!

As always, Noah continues to be an amazing and adorable person. He transitioned into a different classroom at his pre-school this month which has a more strict montessori focus. It's been interesting to watch him grow more comfortable with this new environment and I'm excited to see how it continues to benefit him. His strongest interests at home lately are building things with his blocks (especially robots), drinking smoothies, and creating the most imaginative stories and solving "mysteries" that he discovers in the house. Time for the dump of Noah photos!

How did he get so grown up?
Rain, rain, go away

Books and cars from grandma!

This kiddo loves ice cream!
And smoothie mustaches!
And MORE smoothie mustaches!
Intrigued by the library windows.

He won't eat the orange veggie straws. Weirdo.
Robot builder!
Building all the time...

Oh, my heart. 

"This is a stander and he keeps away monsters"





Taking Tigger pillows to the park, why not?

Tube slide!
"Let's take a picture together, mommy."

"Heeeyyy, wait a minute!"
The selfie game is strong.
Making blueberry pancakes for the family.
A collaborative skeleton drawing...
Random photo of Meg stalking a bird.
It's my x-ray machine!
Parker family!
These two. <3
Random pic of a hawk I saw having dinner
I've been very into this tea lately.
My birthday was yesterday and I turned 36, which is sort of funny because I really thought I was turning 37 until Jordan showed me I was wrong with the math... so it's almost like I gained a year back, right?! We went swimming at a hotel, ate way too many doughnuts, we all took naps in the afternoon, ate pizza for dinner, and I bought myself the piano I've wanted for years. What else could I want in a birthday?!

All the swimming!
He loves the water.
I think he went down this slide at least 200 times.
I would like the cosmic brownie doughnut, please. 
Here's to 36!
I'll be performing plenty of recitals in 2019. Ha.
This song has been in my head for a month. Now it can be in your head too. You're welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment