Thursday, November 1, 2018

October 2018

Four years of birthdays and birthday plates!
Between travel, apple picking, fun with friends, playdates, Noah's first sleepover, going to a concert and a play, home improvements, parades, family visits, birthdays, and Halloween... this was a full month! Right after my birthday, Jordan left to go on a work trip and my mom came to visit with her dog, Blue. It's always nice to have extra help when Jordan is gone and Noah especially loves the extra time with his grandma.
I can't handle this face. 
Best friends!


















My school had their homecoming celebration the following week. Clearly our Art department was well-equipped to celebrate the twins dress-up day! There is also a parade every year which Noah always enjoys. I love seeing all my students on the various floats and Noah loves all the candy (though I think he actually likes collecting it more than eating it.)
Mutant Turtle Art Teachers, keeping everyone safe with our ninja Art supplies!
I love this pic. I am so lucky to have these two guys in my life.
Waiting for the fun to start!
These two. Too adorable.
Candy forever!
The following day was the annual apple-picking party at a local orchard that is hosted by Noah's daycare. It was a little chilly but that didn't stop us from exploring the whole place for over two hours. It's so much fun to spend time with the friends and families that we see every day, and Noah is always especially enthralled when he gets to see his daycare friends outside of school.
Picked a pumpkin!
Such a fun day!
Reeeeeeaaaaacccccchhhhh!

Snacks, apple cider doughnuts, and warm cider with his BFF. Perfect treats to warm us up!
This kiddo is so big, how did his happen?
Before we knew it, Noah's birthday was coming up and it was time to prepare for his robot party! One of my students discovered an adorable party favor on Pinterest and even volunteered to make them. High schoolers can be so awesome. We had a big party after school on Noah's birthday with a bunch of his friends and then a smaller gathering the following morning at our home. While it was definitely lots of chaos, it was also so much fun. And I know Noah felt incredibly special and loved. 
The robot prototype.
Putting my students to work... :)
Birthday morning in his new, snuggly robe!
I'm a big four year old!

A special daycare celebration, he was so proud.

Time to climb at Pump It Up!


Chasing Grandpa Randy!
Jumping, ball-throwing fun in the basement!
Opening up the treasure chest after an epic scavenger hunt. 
Swimming at the hotel
Noah and Uncle Keith, swimming pals

Big birthday dinner!
A quiet morning playing with birthday presents.
And before we knew it, it was Halloween! In the last few years we've done family costumes and somehow just didn't get it all together this year. Noah decided to be Neil Armstrong for his school's dress-up parade, and then wanted to be a ghost for trick or treating. I decided to make costume for school. Somehow I didn't take a picture of myself wearing it, but a pic of it is below and info about it is here. Noah was so excited to put on his costume and go trick or treating, but then decided he wasn't as into that as he was interested in handing out candy.
Spooooky ghost!
Neil Armstrong, complete with jetpack.

My guys <3

My homemade costume

































Lately Noah has been more interested in pictures, both taking them and being in them. And I've been lucky enough to see some really pretty sunrises lately. Here are some highlights from the last week:
Mommy, take my picture in this hat!
Take my picture in this bucket!

I'm going to climb in here so you can take my picture!
I'm taking your picture, mommy!
This is our living room!
No filter!
This is a nice way to start the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment