Saturday, April 25, 2020

Self-Isolation: Week 6 (4/19-4/25)

A sunny walk with the family!
Whew, we've survived six weeks. Last week was hard, this week had some ups and downs too. I think I've had to let go of some of my expectations around my own productivity and capacity right now which has been hard. I keep seeing things online like "you should use this time to start a new hobby, get exercise, clean and organize your home, take time to slow down and reprioritize your life..." and I'm just like... a good day for me is when Noah ate something reasonably healthy at some point and didn't spend 10 hours in front of the TV, Jordan and I get a five minute conversation, and maybe I get to shower.

Evan turned four months old this week and I took him in for his well-child check-up and shots. Our doctor's office is currently having well-child appointments at the local tech college medical office (they currently aren't having in-person classes so the parking lot was completely empty) and it was so well-organized to avoid contact with others. In fact, we didn't see another patient the entire time we were there and the only people we interacted with were 2 nurses and the doctor. Evan did a great job and didn't seem too affected by his shots which is always a relief.

Even though this was another challenging week, we still managed to keep some kind of schedule with Noah and a balance of "academic" time, outside time, screen time, and family time. Here are some of the pictures I took of our days together...
Noah, the portrait photographer
Filming and driving at the same time!

We've been finding these painted rocks  <3 

Myrtle, our newest family member on the porch

Using lemon juice as disappearing ink!

Learning about coins (I can't spell nickel!)

Doing some dot-to-dots for the first time

And I even got this kiddo to color!

This kid loves chilling in his new exersaucer 

What is this creature going to be? Unicorn?

Planting some seeds in springtime

And finding new ways to pick out rocks

These three. I love them!

Spring has sprung!

Evan has mastered his modeling face

Going for a walk with a race car and baby

One of Jordan's daily scavenger hunts for Noah

Blues brothers!

Pushing this big baby is hard work!

Evan is still doing his baby thing. I was thinking today how lucky we are that he hasn't gotten any colds or ear infections, and then I realized that he's been in our house pretty much 24/7 for almost half his life so it's not like he's getting exposed to a lot of new germs. Which I suppose is a good and bad thing. We're still going through his four month transition but he seems to maybe, kinda, sorta coming to the other side? Every day is different with this guy. He measured 27 inches long and 22.8lbs at his check-up... yep, still in the 99th percentile for everything! Jordan and I get a good workout carrying him around. He has really started enjoying watching Noah and seems to find everything he does fascinating. I can't wait to see how their relationship continues to grow and evolve.

Stripes baby
1 -- 2 -- 3 -- 4 months!
I just can't with this face.
Jordan texted me... I think he's right!

Learning to read already! 
Checking out his awesome brother!
Baby's first plank. This kid is so strong.
One random pic- Noah has been really into his Berenstein Bears books and wanted to see how many he has... it's over 30! Then he wanted to go through all of them to figure out which ones he doesn't have yet.
I had two goals today: shower and write this blog post. It's after 9pm but I managed to get them both done! Jordan and I got a lot of housework done today as well which always feels like a win, but it's especially nice to have a clean house when you're home alllllll the time!

Last random pics...
This is a lot of my life right now!
Out for a walk, I liked these shadows

I managed to shower and put on makeup one day!

This is my whole life right here. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment