Noah is showing Evan his moves with his "dancing ribbon" (it's a ribbon attached to the end of that stick, out of the frame). We spend a lot of time in this front room of the house, doing things like this.
Well, we survived another week. When this all started in March and everything shut down so quickly and there was a lot of uncertainty, Jordan and I just kept saying, "Let's just make it through March." And then "Safer at Home" guidelines were ordered through April 24th by Governor Evers and we said, "Okay, let's just make it through April." And now those orders are extended through May 26th and I'm betting you can guess the new mantra in this house.
Last week there was a "car parade" of the local elementary teachers driving through the neighborhoods to see their students. There were dozens of cars and lots of smiling, happy faces cheering and waving and honking. Not gonna lie, I shed some tears. I hate that our students and teachers are missing all this time with each other. Noah, Evan, and I went outside to watch and wave (Jordan was working) and our neighbors did as well. They have a son that is Noah's age and when the two kiddos spotted each other, they immediately ran to play before we could stop them. I guess getting excited five year olds to "socially distance" when they haven't gotten to play with another kid in almost two month isn't very realistic. And it nearly broke my heart to watch how happy Noah was, just running and inventing a chase sort of game with this other child. Although he says he's happy to be staying home, I don't think he realizes how much he misses his friends. And as much as we try, I'm sure that playing with mom and dad just isn't as much fun as playing with kids his own age. We let them play for a few minutes and then separated them and went back inside to wash hands. It just sucks.
Nothing much new happened this week and I took fewer photos than usual. The weather continues to improve and the leaves are starting to appear on the trees which makes things feel better. Here are some of the pics I took this week...
The cats are enjoying the wildlife that is coming back. We have lots of birds and bunnies around the house to observe.
Lunch in the sunshine!
Forever baking. Cookies this week!
Just a lazy, sing-in-the-microphone afternoon.
Building our fine motor skills with clay!
Not so sure about this slime...
Getting our vitamin D in.
A birthday party car parade lined up outside our house one day- there were probably a dozen cars with balloons and signs! Birthday parties are looking a lot different these days.
These three. <3
What a lot of my days look like right now.
A great walk in the rain, looking for puddles!
I love this kiddo. He is the best.
A happy rock found in our neighborhood
How did he get so big??!?
Wearing 9 pairs of pajamas... that's normal, right?
We started food with Evan this week and not surprisingly, he's into it! Jordan often tells me that I have no idea how much teenage boys can eat... I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
Evan is fascinated by all of our family members, but seems to definitely favor Noah and the cats. Luckily, they're usually willing to give him something to watch. Even if it's just laying on the floor like a lump.
These baby belly rolls. I just can't get enough.
My school district has been building a new high school for the last two years and it will be opening this fall. We are finally at the point where teachers are packing up their classrooms for the Big Move this summer but without any help from students this task is even more monumental, especially in the Art department. We have a lot of STUFF. Yesterday I went to the building with Evan to try and help out... but Evan had other ideas. Mostly pooping and crying. So yeah, I wasn't much help unfortunately. It's hard to have virtually no plans right now, and then even the smallest plans get thrown off. But I guess that's the nature of babies, they're gonna do their own thing on their own schedule. I just wish I could be of some use to the world right now other than as a mom.
My aunt sent me a link to a video that sums up my feelings lately:
No comments:
Post a Comment