Saturday, May 9, 2020

Self-Isolation: Week 8 (5/3-5/9)

Things can't be too bad with this face in the house, right?!
It's hard to believe we're in week eight. Routines and solutions that originally felt like they would only be temporary are starting to feel more normal and permanent. And that means we're needing to start looking at what new routines we need to put in place that we can live with long-term. I guess that means my solution of binge-eating sugar in order to cope should be looked at more carefully if we're talking about long-term consequences.

In Wisconsin, there have been 9590 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of this morning. I think it was less than 250 when I did my first blog update in March. On the whole, Wisconsin has done a good job of 'flattening the curve', especially in Dane county, but there have been some spikes in cases since the election in April and the protest at the beginning of the month. I went to Target this morning and I think I only saw three people NOT wearing a mask. It's definitely becoming a norm while shopping at least.

I am definitely nervous about what the beginning of the school year will look like. Our school district has created a committee to look at potential options, but it will really be determined by the what the Department of Public Health guidelines are in September, and I don't think anyone can predict that right now. It's hard to imagine it being a typical start to the school year, but it's also hard to imagine starting the year all online. Or a delayed start? Or some hybrid of in person and online? I hate that Noah's first year of school will be affected by this. And I'm definitely concerned about the very real possibility that we will have all four of us at home in the fall with Jordan and I both attempting to work full-time while also helping Noah with online school and caring for an infant and no help. Annnnndddd... this is where I usually force my brain to stop imagining future scenarios and head to the kitchen to eat a brownie or peanut butter cup or whatever other treats we have around...

Okay, here are the pics from the week. It seems like I'm taking fewer images each week. Probably partly because not much is changing or happening right now.

Sharing his painted rocks with the neighborhood 
Rocking our masks! Thanks MJ!

This is a daily view for me

This baby face. Can't get enough.
It's not too early in the year for Freez-E pops, right?!
Creative solutions for moving the hoop.
Coolest baby on the block.

I got Noah a 'rocket launcher' set and we tried it out on a verrrry windy day this week.
Can you spot the rockets?
Despite the chill, the water table is out!
Still building those scooter skills

Flowering trees and bunnies!

Indoor scootering and too many pajamas...

...and healthy amounts of screen time. Real life.
Myrtle (the mourning dove that nested on our porch) left her nest for a moment and we spied... her eggs have hatched!
More math and blueberries. 
This is such a Noah-expression. I love it.
Perfect baby butt and sweet ankles crossed.

Laundry mountain! Noah inside!

<3 

More of this sweet face. Those cheeks!
Watching these two continue to build their interactions makes my heart explode.
Parker brothers.
This will definitely not be the last time that Evan tackles Noah.
Already developing his love of books. And dinosaurs. 
Noah is always ready with a helping hand when Evan wants to move and jump!
Ending with another pic from this photo shoot and that exuberant Evan-smile.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment