Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8

Whew. It's 11:54pm. I have 6 minutes to write a post before the 8th is officially over.

I came home early from work today because it was slow. Spent the afternoon playing games on Jordan's laptop. This is not productive but for some reason I have been really into playing Settlers of Catan on his laptop and DoodleJump on his iPod lately. We still want to buy a Wii, we've wanted one all year, but it seems like it would be a waste to buy a new one when they're always coming out with new models and we could probably get one used on Craigslist for a lot cheaper. And really, I think we just want to use it for playing Netflix tv shows and movies on the tv.

Today we went out with  a couple friends for happy hour margaritas and then over to one of their apartments to play Catch Phrase. I generally like most games, but I especially like word games. I also tend to be pretty good at them too. Catch Phrase and Taboo are my favorites. When Jordan and I are on the same team, we're pretty difficult to beat. We won tonight, 7-1.

When we got back to my car there was a note on it that said we were not supposed to be parking in that lot without a permit, and that they had written down my license plate number and if it happened again my car would be towed and I'd have to pay $140 to get it back. I guess it's nice that they gave me a warning note and didn't just tow my car. I felt bad all the way home, even though there were still open spots in the parking lot so other tenants did have places to park if they came home late. I miss living in a tiny town where you can pretty much park wherever because there's so much space. The only real exception is in the winter when they're plowing the roads.

Time for bed.

1 comment: