all that was left
Kayleen Parker, 2012
I made some artwork for the first time in over a year. This is hanging over our bed now.
A pipe burst in the wall and leaked a bunch of water into the living room. Thankfully, nothing was ruined and the maintenance guys came to fix everything. It only took three weeks of bugging them to do it. This is the water spot and resulting mold that appeared on our ceiling. Yuck.
We went to the Franklin Park Conservatory. It reminded me a lot of the one at the Como zoo, only much, much larger. There was a wedding going on while we were there.
I made my first three layered cake, inspired by a post I saw on Pinterest. It was kind of lopsided but delicious anyway. And a good Art lesson in value.
We finally got our new couches. They are so comfortable.
This is Meg's favorite place to hang out now.
On the last weekend of September, Jordan's parents had their 30th wedding anniversary party and I turned 30 years old. We surprised his parents by flying home to MN. The look on both their faces was just priceless. I wish we took more pictures at their party, I always seem to bring my camera but don't take it out at parties. On the morning of my birthday, Jordan and I went for a hike at St. John's to enjoy the fall colors. We also discovered these amazing structures built entirely from saplings, which I think were made by Art students at the university. It was like stepping into a Dr. Seuss book. If you're a MN peep, I would highly recommend checking these out. They're located on the left side of the road just as you're driving into the St. John's campus. I don't usually get emotional on my birthday but 30 was a tough one for me.
When we got back to Columbus, Jordan got me a birthday pie and spruced it up a little with white chocolate M&M's. I am three decades old.
Inspired by another post on Pinterest, I made a crafty craft using a board, nails, paint, and string. I took this picture using photobooth on my computer which is why MN looks backward. In real life, it is facing the correct way. I'm thinking of making one of Ohio and Wisconsin next. Meg is wearing his Art critic face.
In the middle of October, I decided to make a change and go for a new style. Red. Bangs. This was when I got home from the salon after she had curled and styled my hair. I'm not usually that fancy. As per usual, Jordan's reaction was "I liked it better before" and my mom's reaction was "I like the color we gave you." This is what they both always say when I change my hair, but I'm into it.
Living in a battleground state is weird. Near the end of the election we were getting 5-10 political ads in the mail each day and probably half the commercials on TV were attack ads. Gross. Our friend Dana had a halloween party so we decided to go as Ohio. You know, it's a battleground state. So we're beat up. Like we were in a battle. Get it? It sounded like a good idea when Jordan came up with it. And we had fun putting on our violent makeup. Also, it should be noted that I made Jordan be the Republican side.
A couple of our friends are Canadian and threw a 'Canada party' which involved Canadian trivia and dressing up in red and white. I learned that I know very little about Canada and that cheap Canadian whiskey is gross, but I might have known that already.
At the beginning of the month Jordan suggested that we watch scary movies since neither of us really grew up watching them. After getting lots of suggestions from friends, we started seeing one or two every few days and rating them on a scale from 1-10 spooks, based solely on how scary they were. Here are the results at the end of the month. It's hard to find a really good movie that is scary. Overall, our favorites were Cabin in the Woods, the Innkeepers, and the Strangers.
I took this picture this morning. Waffles and raspberries for breakfast at 10am.
Not a bad way to start a Sunday.
In the next few weeks, we have a few fun things happening. We're going to a fall-themed party, I signed up for a pottery class at the Columbus Cultural Arts center that meets Tuesday nights from 7-10pm, and Keith is coming to visit over Thanksgiving. Hopefully my next post will be sooner than three months from now.


It's good to read your blog again,after you took a couple of months off. Love to you and Jordan from both of us.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are the shit.
ReplyDelete