Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Two-Burrito Challenge

Like pretty much everyone, Jordan and I like eating Chipotle burritos and eating one will fill us up to the point being almost uncomfortably full. A few months ago we had each eaten a burrito for dinner and in our post-binge haze I said to Jordan, 'I wonder if you could eat two of these.' Without any hesitation, he said that he definitely could. His confidence surprised me. I knew that he could eat a lot, but really, devouring TWO chipotle burritos seemed almost unhuman.

So I challenged him: Eat two chipotle burritos in under a half hour.

He accepted. 

On November 16th, 2012, this is what happened:

 
 In preparation, he went to the gym and worked out in the morning and then didn't eat much all day. Each burrito contained white rice, black beans, onions and peppers, tomato salsa, corn salsa, cheese, guacamole, and lettuce. 

Obviously he was feeling very sure of himself. Or he was making an offering to the Chiptole gods. 

First bite of burrito #1, so delicious. 

Last bite of the first burrito. Done in just over five minutes. 
I... can't believe it.

First bite of burrito #2. 
Feeling good.

Last bite of burrito #2. 
Finished the entire challenge in seventeen minutes and forty-one seconds.
I am married to this man.

Victory is sweet.
And so is proving my wife wrong.

Wait a minute. 
I might have made a mistake.
This may have been a bad choice.

I suggested he eat some candy for dessert.
He wasn't that into it.

Kayleen, please stop taking pictures of my misery. 

The champion has fallen. 
Tums and time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment