Finally it was time to visit our last destination of the trip: Reykjavik! After nearly a week of driving, we were happy to stay in one place for a few nights. The last leg of our drive involved a drive through the longest tunnel of my life, and it was all under water! I was kind of freaked out about it but Jordan thought it was cool. Surprisingly, we didn't actually take that many photos while we were in Reykjavik. We were happy to just take it easy after a week of activity.
I really liked the hotel we stayed in, you can find it here: Midgardur by Center Hotels Reykjavik The location was at the end of the city center so everything was easily within walking distance, but it didn't feel like the area was too noisy or crowded. Everyone at the hotel was so welcoming and nice - they even sent a treat up to our room for us to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary which happened during our stay! But my favorite feature, not surprisingly, was the spa. They had a sauna, indoor hot bath, and outdoor hot bath, and I think I visited it every day! We were lucky that it wasn't crowded at all when we were there so we even got the whole spa to ourselves sometimes.
The GPS while we were in the tunnel - we're underwater!
Such a sweet gesture!
I like this place!
I think I swam everyday in Iceland!
I am going to miss this.
A few of the places we visited in Reykjavik were Hallgrímskirkja (the large, iconic church), the National Museum of Iceland, we had Viking portraits taken by Mink Viking Portrait, and I got a permanent souvenir- another tattoo at Reykjavik Ink! But really, the majority of our time was spent walking around, stopping in cafes, people-watching, shopping, and just enjoying being together in a new city. Here are some pics!
Outside of Hallgrímskirkja
Statue of Leif Eriksson
This was a cool tree
New tattoo! (Smudgy while healing)
Walking to the Museum of Iceland, I just liked these trees.
Jordan really liked this place!
Walking around the little pond near the Museum
Jordan, what kind of bird is that?
You have to get a pic on the rainbow!
Jordan was excited about this. I'm not sure why! He'll explain it to you.
Our 10th anniversary dinner! <3 Team Beaver forever.
The hotel elevator had a -1 button!
Nebraska?! It was a clothing store.
Jordan with the Arnarholl statue
Goosebumps in Icelandic!
Fish and chips!
Jordan liked this mural. I thought it was... memorable.
One of the things I was most excited about in Reykjavik was having Viking portraits taken of us. My friend, Tasha, had them done when she visited Iceland and she recommended the experience so we decided to go for it! The photographer, Guðmann Þór Bjargmundsson, is a lovely, interesting, and talented human. He was so fun to work with and he really has deep knowledge and love of Viking culture; we learned a lot from him.
Okay, here is what you've been waiting to see... the best photos of Jordan and me that have been taken since our wedding a decade ago...
And then, it was time to head home. We were really missing our kiddos (although they were having a great time at home with Grandma Lynn while we were gone!) and tired of living out of a suitcase. Thankfully, we had no issues returning our rental car and our flights were on-time and smooth. If you want to see the videos from our trip, I put them together into a Youtube video here:
If you've been reading all these blog entries and made it this far, thanks for following along with our trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment