I wasn't sure that candy corn would actually melt in the microwave, but it does. Slowly. This is what it looks like after a minute in the microwave, and then after two minutes. You just need to stir it a lot. It ends up being very sticky, very thick, and very orange.
Then you just mix in a jar of creamy peanut butter and spread it into a pan that is lined with wax paper. That liner is important because this stuff is a mess. I had to soak that bowl for at least a day and scrape it with a spoon to get everything clean.
Then I put the pan into the fridge for a few hours until it was completely cool. While we're here, I want to point out the greatest apple cider ever on the top shelf. I bought it at Giant Eagle a few days ago and just opened it tonight. There is almost nothing better than cider in the fall. Unless you put some rum into it, then it's extra good. Also, Yuengling beer just became available in Ohio this week. Jordan has been enjoying it. Okay, let's take this candy out of the fridge.
Then I flipped the whole thing upside down and cut it into small bitesize squares. The recipe calls for candy coating to finish it off but I couldn't find any at the grocery store so I used melted chocolate chips instead. As you can see from the messy results, I might look harder for the right coating next time. But these are completely delicious and they actually taste just like a butterfinger. I've managed to eat half of them so far.
This week I'll be going back to Cleveland for another three days of training. Jamming my head full of information about the company and dentistry and insurance isn't a ton of fun, but at least we get to stay in a really nice hotel. While I'm gone Jordan is going to bring Stella back to the vet to get her staples taken out. She has gotten somewhat used to her cone though we think she still hates it.







No comments:
Post a Comment