In the morning I got up, dressed, and went to my first real day of work.
Look mom! I'm all growed up!
I had some more training to do at another clinic in the morning, and then I went to my regular clinic in the afternoon. I spent a lot of the day filing charts, putting together new patient charts, and generally feeling like a dummy. Then I spent over a half hour in traffic on the drive home. I called Jordan while stuck behind a long line of cars waiting to get onto the interstate and told him that it really didn't feel like my birthday. He told me that he had some surprises for me when I got home.
I walked in the door to our apartment and was told to close my eyes because Jordan had some presents. The first present I got was...
...pretty flowers!!!
And the second present was...
...the sweetest card ever, made by Jordan!! (don't ever let him tell you he isn't crafty... he totally is)And then he said we had to go upstairs because there were more surprises in our room. I opened the door and saw...
...balloon city! Fun city!
And this...
...of course the presents were actually wrapped up. This was after I tore into them. My mom sent me a bag full of goodies- Whoppers, playdoh, a target giftcard, socks, and some money for a birthday dinner. And Jordan got me the glass cake stand/punch bowl that I had been wanting forever. I love things with multiple functions. And my former roommate, Jacob, sent me a really nice card. And today Keith, my brother, sent me a package too. Feeling very loved.
After present opening we ordered my favorite pizza for dinner, watched the Office, and just lounged in the living room. My idea of a perfect night. And for dessert...
... french silk pie from Just Pies! So delicious. I really love this guy. This was the first time in over 3 years that we actually got to spend my birthday together. And now I'll get to spend it with him every year. Life is good.
Also: Stella had her final surgery on Thursday to close the wound and the drain that was placed in it was removed today. She is almost completely shaved from the waist down (if you can identify a waist on her, she's kind of shaped like a beach ball) and she has to wear her cone for the next two weeks. She's totally weird-looking but at least she's on her way to being back to her feisty self.
No comments:
Post a Comment