Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Job Fairs and Bread

Yesterday I went to my first job fair. I had pretty much no idea what to expect or what to bring. I figured I'd err on the side of being too professional than not enough, so I wore my most grown-up looking outfit, made copies of my resumes, cover letters, and references, and actually spent more than ten minutes on my hair and makeup.

It turns out that a lot of places need warehouse workers. Now there's nothing wrong with that type of work, I did it for three summers, but it's not something I really want to get back into. If I could operate a forklift I'm pretty sure I could have landed multiple positions that day. I did make a couple contacts and emailed some people today. Trying to stay hopeful but it's tough when there's so much competition and you don't even get called in for an interview. I ended up being better dressed than some of the employers there. Oh well. There's another fair tomorrow.

Since I'm not working I'm trying to improve my culinary skills. Tonight was my first attempt at a spinach/onion/feta bread.


Jordan doesn't like "bread with stuff in it" so I'll probably end up eating all this myself. I think I'm up to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment