Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Week

One week ago I was living in Minnesota. Living with my parents, specifically. In their basement, specifically.

One week ago I was packing all my belongings into a 6' x 7' x 8' cube. Amazingly, they all fit.

One week ago I cleaned out my car and filled it with gas. At 4:45am I loaded it with a suitcase and backpack, picked up my fiancé, Jordan, at his parent's house, put our three cats into the backseat, and drove 880 miles in 15 hours.

One week ago I had a routine.

That was a week ago. Today I live in Columbus, Ohio in a two-bedroom apartment. Jordan and I live in the same zip code, and under the same roof, for the first time in our seven year relationship. I have never lived this far away from my family. I am unemployed for the first time since I was eighteen. I haven't been this scared, or excited, in a long time.

I guess I'm starting this blog because I'm at an interesting point in my life right now. I'm 28 and just moved far away from my family for the first time. I'm in a relationship with my roommate. We're planning our wedding. I'm looking for a job. I'm trying to make friends. I'm living in a city of over a million people.

One week ago, I started over.

No comments:

Post a Comment