The next day I went to a clinic and had my first ever drug test. The whole process was kind of interesting. The drug tester (nurse? technician?) had to give me three different sealed cups and I got to pick one. Then I had to watch him open the sealed cup and he sent me into a bathroom where I had to pee into the cup and was not allowed to flush afterward. I don't know why I couldn't flush. There was also a temperature gage on the cup so they can see that your pee is hot and not coming from a concealed source. My pee was between 80 and 90 degrees. Is that TMI?
Then I went back into the lab room where I had to watch the guy pour my pee into two smaller cups that were labeled with my name. I had to initial on both of the small cups, he sealed both of them with tape, and then I signed a piece of paper that said I saw do all of this. I guess it's so that if the test came back positive I couldn't sue the lab and say they tampered with my piss.
Everything came out clean so I went back to the dental office yesterday and filled out all the hiring paperwork. Next week I'll be in Cleveland for three days doing some training, then I'm starting on Friday. It's good to be employed again but I have to admit that I was kind of enjoying being able to sleep until 10am everyday and forgetting what day it was.
One perk of my new job? Getting to wear scrubs to work!
Shopping for scrubs was kind of weird. They have crappy ones at Walmart or you can find them at uniform stores. This is something I never thought I'd know. We have to wear light blues ones during the week and Saturday are 'scrub-down' days were we can wear whatever color of scrubs we like. I'm hoping to get some with teddybears wearing stethoscopes.
"Errr... I don't know how to answer a six-line phone. Help?"
This is probably what I will look like on my first day of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment