Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Settled In.

It has pretty much happened. We're moved in. Settled. Everything has a place and everything is (usually) in it's place... with the exception of a couple closets. We ended up taking four boxes of extra kitchen stuff to goodwill, threw out three chairs that were pretty broken down and part of Jordan's dining set, and sold a table on Craigslist.

Since the place is looking alright, this is probably a good time to post pictures.


This is the view when you walk in the door. To the right (out of view) is the closet for recycling and shoes. To the left (out of view) is the smallest bathroom ever made. When you take a couple more steps forward, the stairs are obviously to the right which lead up to the two bedrooms and big bathroom. To the left is one entrance into the kitchen. And straight ahead is the living room, and beyond that is the balcony.


This is the kitchen. It's the shape of an L and there are two ways in. One entrance leads to the hall near the front door, the other leads into the living room. I wish there was more counter space but it's still not bad. Getting used to a gas stove took me a couple weeks and I still get a little freaked out by the smell of gas when I use the oven. At least we have renters insurance in case the whole things blows up or something. 

The living room. I wish we had more places to sit but the futon takes up a lot of room. Maybe one day we'll get a recliner or something. We bought the coffee table and two end tables at a discount furniture place for $99. Deal. Notice the terrible wall sconces. They look like leftovers from a seedy hotel. They're even shell-shaped. Ugh. Let's go upstairs.


At the top of the stairs. There are a couple big cupboards for linens, medicines, tools, cleaning supplies, and other junk. At the top of the stairs, if you turn left you go into the Study/Guestroom/Room of Requirement. This is where Jordan does most of his work and where I would make artwork if I could find any motivation. This is also where the extra futon lives. This room needs some more organization. Don't know where to put something? Put it in this room!



Our room is directly across from the Study. It's actually the most plain room in our apartment. I guess I feel like it's such a important room that I don't even know how we (I) want to decorate it. Right now we have a full-size bed and it's really too small for us, especially me since I like to sleep sprawled out diagonally. Our first big purchase is going to be a queen size bed, or king size if I can convince Jordan.


And the big bathroom is between the two rooms. I really like the shower pressure we have. And there's a decent amount of storage. You can't see it, but there's a medicine cabinet/mirror on the wall by the door in addition to the big mirror over the sink. Under the brown bathmat in front of the tub there are a few broken tiles that we're hopefully going to have fixed next weekend. And going back downstairs...


I had to put in a picture of the tiny bathroom. It's really small, but it's nice to have. And the other photo is the view off of our balcony. There is a woodchuck that lives in the yard across the alley. Jordan loves him. That large brown barrel-looking thing is a huge potted plant that had was dried up and gross. I am deciding to empty it out and maybe try growing herbs in it in the spring. I probably hauled 100 lbs of soil and rocks out of it. 

And the last pictures are the view when you walk out the door. The building is kind of strange because it's shaped like a U and the apartments are like townhouses, but they're stacked on top of each other. So there is another townhouse below us. You can see the other apartments across the courtyard and the walkway around the second-level units. We have to go down stairs to get to the parking lot, and then down more stairs in the courtyard to get to the laundry room.

And that's where I live now. It's about a mile from OSU, pretty comfortable, and our neighbors are quiet. Bonus points if you spotted all the cats in the pictures.

Also: I have a job! But I'm saving that for the next post. Exciting!






No comments:

Post a Comment